Students are required to select from a list of Employability Skills they think they have. This part of the programme gets students thinking about what skills they possess that would be appealing to potential employers. You can choose which year levels you would like to see each skill but we recommend this page for seniors.
Reminder: You can choose which pages each year level sees under "profile setup order"
You can edit all of these skills to suit your students. When you click on “Employability Skills” you will find a list labelled “Employability Skills Setup Options”.
If you want to add a new Employability Skill “New Employability Skill”. Then a pop up window will open. It will have 5 sections: Select Years, Show/Hide, Sort Order, Skill Name and Skill Description.
- First, select the years that you wish to see the new Employability Skill.
- Then Decide whether you would want to show or hide the skill in the Student side. Hide will hide the skill from the students.
- Sort Order is the order that the skills are displayed in. Number 1 is the first skill, number 7 is seventh in the list.
- Skill Name is the name that you want to give the Employability skill (ie- Self Management)
- Skill Description explains the skill further (examples of putting the skill into practice) for the students to understand. (ie- following on from self management- On time with the right gear, understand how my words and actions affect others, show commitment and responsibility, dependable, follow instructions and get the job done.)
- Once you have added all the details for the new skill, click save changes.
To edit saved Employability Skills there is a button on the right that says "Edit Employability Skill"(for every skill) that allows you to edit the skills.
Beside save changes (in the skill) you also can delete the record if you no longer want to include this employability skill.